WGRE: 60 Years of Radio
Though radio broadcasts have been a part of DePauw University since 1928, WGRE was founded in 1949 as the first 10-watt educational FM radio station in the country. Consistently ranked as one of the nation's top college radio stations, WGRE has maintained a tradition of broadcast excellence throughout its history by serving the DePauw and Putnam County communities.
This digital exhibit provides a history of WGRE, the radio voice of DePauw University, from 1941-2009.
Fiechter, Bethany, "WGRE: 60 Years of Radio" (2009). Digital Exhibits. 2, Scholarly and Creative Work from DePauw University.