Date of Award
In both my research and performance, I will investigate three aspects of taste:
How do we Taste?
- What are the mechanical and physiological mechanisms through which we taste food and hear music?
How do we communicate Taste?
- How do we translate physical senses and taste into language?
- What is the role of metaphor in communicating taste?
How does our worldview affect our Taste?
- How do our emotions affect our taste?
- How does our identities affect our taste?
- How does technology affect our taste?
- How can we be more intentional about our taste?
Curdt, Thomas, "Coffee, Music, and Taste: Why We Like What We Like, and Why That Matters" (2022). Honor Scholar Theses. 191.