Policies and Guidelines
Appropriate content may be added following the guidelines below:
- The work must be original, produced and submitted, or sponsored by a member of the DePauw community.
- The work must be creative, scholarly in nature, research oriented, or of institutional significance.
- The author must own the copyright to all content and additional components within the work, or have received and shown permission to have the material available in this repository.
- The author or representative of the organization or department must sign a permission form prior to material being uploaded to the repository, granting DePauw the right to distribute and preserve the material via the repository.
- Contributors may include non-affiliated scholars if they are co-authoring with DePauw authors or are affiliated closely with the University, e.g., are emeritus professors, or hold honorary appointments.
- Some material may be available only to the DePauw University community.
- There is no formal limit to size of material.
- Most file formats are acceptable.
Retention and Withdrawal Policy
Retention of Works:
SCW is a permanent record of works created at DePauw University. Once a work is deposited a citation to the work will always remain. The University may, without changing the content, convert the digital copy to any medium or format necessary for the purpose of long-term preservation.
Updated versions of content may be posted, and can be linked to the first posted version. Earlier versions may be removed, but we encourage authors to maintain these versions in SCW as a record of the development of posted contents.
If contributors leave DePauw University, their work will remain in SCW. At their request, new contact information can be added to their files.
Withdrawal and removal of works:
Removing content is highly discouraged; however, authors may request that the repository’s coordinator remove specific works. Reasons for removal may include copyright infringement, plagiarism, or falsification of data.
DePauw’s repository coordinator is responsible for approving and documenting all such withdrawals, in consultation with the author.
For previously published works (journal articles, book chapters, etc.) for which the publisher retains copyright, permission has been granted (where necessary) to post this material in SCW. For any use, which exceeds personal use or fair use, permission may be required by the copyright owner of the material.
For previously unpublished scholarly or creative works, the right to download or print any portion of this material is granted by the copyright owner only for personal or educational use. The author/creator retains all proprietary rights, including copyright ownership. Any editing, other reproduction or other use of this material by any means requires the express written permission of the copyright owner.
Except as provided above, or for any other use that is allowed by Fair Use (Title 17, §107 U.S.C.), you may not reproduce, republish, post, transmit, or distribute any material from this website in any physical or digital form without the permission of the copyright owner of the material.
For works posted in this repository that display a Creative Commons license in their record and/or in the work itself, the use of that work is governed by the terms of the license selected by the content creator.
For more information about author’s rights, Creative Commons licenses, and other copyright information, please visit
- ARL’s Code of Best Practices in Fair Use (Institutional Repositories)
- Creative Commons Licenses
- SPARC Authors Addendum
Please contact the to submit your material.